When It’s Your Turn, Get Vaccinated
There is currently a limited supply of vaccines. Gardner Health Services is following the California Department of Public Health recommendations for the distribution of vaccines and is working with the County of Santa Clara to secure doses.
- Open to all residents ages 18+ Note: We say 18+ as our clinic only administers Moderna or J&J and not Pfizer.
- Other vaccination clinics in the county are now offering the Pfizer vaccine to youth ages 12 to 17. They will get two doses of Pfizer, given 3 weeks apart. Search for drop-in locations and appointment information at sccfreevax.org, or call 2-1-1.
Gardner Health Services Vaccine Clinic
Mexican Heritage Plaza
1700 Alum Rock Avenue
San Jose, CA 95116
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Vaccination Times (Walk-in)
Tuesdays & Thursdays
10:30am – 4:30pm
12:00pm – 5:00pm
Insurance and immigration status will not affect your eligibility.
What to Expect
- Walk-in during vaccination hours. No pre-registration needed.
- Upon entering, masks must be worn at all times. Practice social distancing. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- After vaccine is administered, expect to sit and wait for 15-30 minutes for observation by medical staff.
- You will be given a CDC COVID-19 vaccination card with vaccine dose information and when to come back for your second dose.
- Once released by staff, please exit facility through the designated exit only.
Is the vaccine safe and effective?
In order to keep you and your family safe from getting COVID-19, Gardner Health Services recommends taking the vaccine as soon as it becomes available to you. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has worked closely with the pharmaceutical companies to ensure the vaccine is safe and effective for protecting adults. Of those who tested the vaccine, only a few had mild symptoms, such as a fever. This is normal and a sign your body is building immunity. It is important to get both doses of the vaccine.
FACT: COVID-19 vaccines will not give you COVID-19
FACT: COVID-19 vaccines will not cause you to test positive
FACT: Those who tested positive may still benefit from vaccines
FACT: Vaccines can help prevent getting sick with COVID-19
Santa Clara County In-Home Vaccination Program
To be eligible for this program, residents must meet the Medicare definition of homebound. Patients are considered “confined to the home” or “homebound” if they meet both of these criteria:
- Patients either need supportive devices such as crutches, canes, wheelchairs, walkers, special transportation, or help from someone else to leave their home, due to illness or injury, OR have a condition that makes leaving the home medically inadvisable.
- There must exist a normal inability to leave home; AND leaving home must require a considerable and taxing effort.
To register or for more information email CovidVaxHome@phd.sccgov.org or call 408-970-2818.
COVID-19 Testing Sites and Schedules
COVID-19 testing at Gardner’s health centers is available by walk-up, but an appointment is recommended. To schedule an appointment, please call our Call Center at 408.457.7100. Our testing site at the Mexican Heritage Plaza is by walk-up only.
What To Do If You Are Not Feeling Well
If you are experiencing any symptoms, please contact our Call Center at 408.457.7100, Monday through Saturday from 8:00am – 5:00pm. You will be provided with the option of a telehealth visit to avoid exposure and to allow you to remain sheltered-in-place.
Scheduling And Existing Appointments
If you have a scheduled in-person appointment, it may be converted to a telehealth visit when applicable. The clinician will decide after that telehealth visit if an in-person appointment is recommended and you will be contacted to schedule that appointment.
Care For Non-COVID-19 Symptoms
We encourage you to be seen if your symptoms are non-COVID-19 related. During all screenings (by telehealth or in-person), please make sure the information you provide the screener is accurate. Inaccurate information endangers our staff and other vulnerable patients and clients. To schedule your appointment, please contact our Call Center at 408.457.7100.
The county is offering FREE testing. Visit FREE COVID-19 Testing Sites.
Thank You Donors and Supporters
Your generosity during these unprecedented times in our country and around the world is a blessing to our communities. On behalf of our patients, Board of Directors and the staff – we wish to express our deepest gratitude for your donations in response to COVID-19. Your donation is making it possible to safeguard the 46,000 children, seniors, struggling families, frontline and essential workers, and the people who are homeless that we serve across 10 locations throughout our community. Gracias for being #SaludInfluencers!
OC Mask Masters | Bay Area Cotton Masks | Tram & Friends | Assembly-member Ash Kalra
Traveler’s Surf Club & Coastal Outpost | Li Family | Ricon Carnitas | Stanford Students
Ellemburg Family | Taiwanese Junior Chambers of Commerce of N. America & STUF United
Assembly-member Kansen Chu | Love Your Melon